Friday, February 12, 2016

Preschool Valetine's Party

Friday, February 12th-

Today was my turn to teach Cora's little preschool group. I am not really great at doing fun things normally, but I tried hard to get a little party together for the kids. Here are some examples of our fun!

M & M counting: Six heart labeled one through six. The kids counted out the right amount of M & Ms to go on the hearts.

Cora with her M & M counting paper.


Molly got to learn today too!
Conversation Heart Graphing: I found a page online that had each of the normal conversation heart colors on a grid. It was really cute to see these little ones try to figure this out. They did really well.


Heart graphing
Bag decorating: We had so many papers and treats and were exchanging Valentine's so we decorated paper bags. The other kids in the group are boys so they didn't choose to decorate their bags as much as Cora did, which was totally fine.


Hearts everywhere!
Rice Krispy Hearts: Last night I made a pan of Rice Krispy Treats and today I let the kids use the heart cookie cutters we have to make heart-shaped treats. A couple of the kids were really sweet and wanted to make one for each member their family and with a whole sheet of Krispies we had plenty!



We did a couple of other Valentine's worksheets, practicing matching, counting and writing numbers.

At the end we exchanged Valentine's which the boys were especially excited to do.


No comments: