Thursday, February 4, 2016

More sickness

Cleod and Cora looking at the Highlights Magazine.
Tuesday, February 2, 2016
Grant waiting for the Dr. He looks sad,
but he was totally happy to be ditching school.
At the Dr. office, before
falling asleep

Molly was so sick today. She slept most of the day, didn't eat or drink much and just looked miserable.

This morning I took a couple of kids to the doctor. Cleod needed a strong antibiotic to get rid of his sore throat and Grant needed to start some meds. While we were in the exam room, Molly fell asleep on my lap. She fell asleep again at Smith's when we were getting medicine. And once we were home she slept for hours. She doesn't even nap anymore so this was serious. Whenever I asked her if she wanted something, even treats like ice cream, she would say, “No thank you. I'm fine,” in her cute little voice. So sad and precious.


Asleep at Smith's
Asleep again on my lap this afternoon


The boys had the SEPs today (Parent- Teacher Conferences).  Silas came home to stay with the girls so I could go. They all have great scores and good feedback from their teachers. Cleod is doing so well in all areas at school. I am so grateful that he is having a good year and hope that it gives him lots of confidence as he goes into middle school in the fall.

The boys played out in the snow for about an hour when we got back home. They had a great time with the Rushton girls.

The rest of the evening was full of homework! We were going to have a regular Home Evening lesson tonight (because we just watched a movie last night together) but we were working on make-up school work until bedtime. The kids were bummed which I think is great. They love Family Home Evening. But we were all together so I think that we had a good family night.

Silas helping Ryan with his math



Wednesday, February 3, 2016-

 Molly had a rough night with a high fever and when she woke up, her rash was back! Ugh! But oddly enough, she is back to her happy self again. I talked to our friend Trevor who is a doctor and he thinks she actually has a virus that is causing the rash. So the kids are all on medicine now but I think that Cora and Molly actually have colds so we just have to hang around at home for a couple more days.


Molly with rash starting on her face again.
(Grant was happy with his photo-bomb.)
I was able to get out of the house this evening though. I had YW Presidency meeting, mutual, quick Dairy Queen trip to see Deruchette, Bree, Katie and her friend Stacy, and then to Grandma's to put her to bed. It felt good to get out for that long. I'm grateful for a good husband who is an expert at putting the kids to bed without me.







No comments: