Monday, February 1, 2016

For the Beauty of the Earth


Friday, January 29th-

Boys home sick again today. Cora is fine but we had to cancel preschool because it was supposed to be here this week.

We also had to cancel our date night to the temple because we don't want Natalie (best babysitter ever) to come and get sick. So we decided that I would go to the temple by myself. I don't love going without Silas, but it was nice to get out of the house and to enjoy the peace that comes from being in the temple. Seriously, my favorite place in the world.
Sunset today on the way to St. George

Full rainbow, December 2014
Full rainbow, December 2014
I have been a little down this week because of some...stuff. Mostly just stressed about the world in which we live and worried about the choices of others. Sometimes the poor choices of those you love can cause so much pain so having some time alone at the temple was good for me.

The ride to St. George was good too. There was a beautiful sunset on the way there that made my heart happy.

It reminded me of the time the kids and I were on our way back home from St. George and we saw a full rainbow. It was almost a full-double rainbow. We could see if for so long and finally I pulled over because it literally looked like it started right in front of us. The pictures obviously don't do it justice but are still beautiful. And we were so close to it that I couldn't get the whole rainbow with my camera.

I remember feeling at that time how loving our Heavenly Father is to provide so beauty for us to enjoy. It was a powerful moment for me. The kids and I talked the rest of the way home about how beautiful the Earth was and how blessed we are to live here.

No comments: