Thursday, February 11th-
 |
| Kids getting instructions before the spelling bee |
This afternoon was more stressful that anticipated. Ryan called from the school and both of his wires had come out on his braces. We had just enough time to get him to the orthodontist and then back to school for the school spelling bee, which Cleod was in. Two kids from each of the 4th and 5th grade classes participated in the spelling bee after winning in their individual classes earlier in the week. Cleod hadn't studied the list so we were just excited that he got as far as he did. The way that they got to the last 3 kids was a little confusing, so we don't know for sure, but he probably got 4th place. He did great and I was super proud of him.
 |
| Girls waiting for spelling bee to start |
 |
| Happy girl and her daddy who came to watch |
 |
| Our speller |
The whole experience gave me some anxiety though and made the rest of the afternoon a little hard. It seems silly now. We got home and did homework and then Cleod reminded me that he needed a Valentine's box. I vaguely remembered him mentioning this yesterday. I am NOT a crafty person, mostly by choice and the crazy things that other people do for Valentine's boxes puts really high expectations on me.
Luckily, Cleod is becoming a really compassionate person and was patient with me as we tried to plan out and make the darn thing.
 |
| Vader and Yoda |
Ryan had already made a box which he mostly did but I bought some things for it. It was a Darth Vader box and is super cool so we were excited to see a picture online of a simple Yoda Valentine's box.
Ryan's box says, "Come to the heart side" and Cleod's says, "Valentine's, I must have."
Thanks so cereal boxes and construction paper, we got it done fairly quickly and I could finally take a deep breath.
My cute husband went out for yummy onion rings from Brad's after the kids were sleeping for a treat. We have recently discovered the goodness of these onion rings so it was a yummy end to the day.

Oh, and something that started off my day so great and of which I should have remembered when I was stressed...today I realized that we are going to be able to see the temple from our side of town. I noticed one of the seminary teachers pointing to Leigh Hill as I was driving to the gym. I looked over and had to stop and take a photo. It is totally the temple site! I am so excited!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment