Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Happy birthday, Silas

Monday, March 28th-


Picture taken earlier this month, but pretty
much illustrates the constant fatigue of
this new, busy Bishop
Today is Silas’s birthday. The girls and I took him lunch, donuts and balloons while he was at work. One of the reasons we took him lunch was so that he could get off work early. And he got off early to pick up last minute groceries and then to make dinner. He really is the best. He decided on Jambalaya for dinner, which he always makes so he just did it without saying anything. I am very grateful for him. Brett and Deruchette and their kids came over for dinner and cake (angel food cake)!

Milk testing

While the Warbys were here, we helping Leksi with her science experiment which was testing which 2% milk was best. It was pretty funny. The one most of us liked most has the Great Value brand from Wal-Mart. Haha.

 
 
Tuesday, March 29th-
 
Remember that one time I started blogging because a lot of fun things were going to happen this year. Boy, am I glad I decided to do this. Writing down our fun, crazy and sometimes overwhelming comings and goings really helps me to see the blessings we have in our lives.
 
Tonight was another evening without Dad at home. The kids and I got chores and homework done and watched a few things together before bed. We miss him when he's gone, but we can do this!
 
Eating angel food cake at lunch today, posing for
me when I realized I hadn't taken a birthday
photo of him yesterday

No comments: