Thursday, March 31, 2016

March 30 & 31

Wednesday, March 30th-

Grant post!!!

Grant
Photo by Grandma Aitchison
Grant is a super sweet boy. He hardly ever causes me problems and is so helpful. He is the first one to give me a hug when I'm sad. An example of his sweetness: On Valentine's day when Silas got home from work Grant said, "Dad, sorry I didn't get any Lemonheads." He knew that his dad likes Lemonheads and would have shared them all with him if he had received them that day.

Grant does really well at school and is reading like a champ. He is especially good at math and comes home with 100% tests pretty regularly...it's impressive, even for a 1st grader. He gets his homework done quickly and rarely needs help.

Grant is still innocent. He still thinks the best of everyone and everything. When Grandma and Grandpa Aitchison were here a few weeks ago, Grant asked Grandma Aitchison if she had plastic surgery to look like a "normal mom." We never quite figured out what he meant, but we're pretty sure it was a compliment to Grandma Aitchison's youthful looks. :)

 The other day, Grant got hit in the face at recess and he told us that something broke in his mouth and he swallowed it. I looked in his mouth to see if he chipped a tooth but he pointed to the inside of his cheek. I said that would heal and he said, “Oh good. I thought it was a taste bud.”

We love our cute, Granty boy.


Thursday, March 31st-

I love my girls. They are cute. They are funny. They are super hyper.

Molly
Photo by Cora
Conversation with Molly:

Me: Molly, you have the best dad ever.
Molly: Yes. Him soft.

Molly is getting to be a funny, independent girl. She really could be potty trained by now, but I'm not quite ready. haha. It's serious business and she's super stubborn so I need to be completely ready for it.
Our beautiful baby
Photo by Grandma Aitchison

Molly is VERY smart, which isn't surprising considering how smart all of her siblings are. Sometimes I am amazed at what she observes and how she applies it in her own actions.

Lately she has become more and more attached to her blankets, so we are working on keeping them in her bed. When she asks for them or gets them, we tell her they are for bed time only. This has created a few more naps than normal because she goes back and sits on her bed with them, but she is getting better at leaving them alone during the day.


Sad face
Photo taken and edited by Cora
Molly has always been aware of her own emotions. She says she's sad when she's sad and if she is validated, she can move on. This helps eliminate some of the drama that comes from little girls. The other day I told her no about something and she said something about being frustrated. She can't form a complete, proper sentence yet, but she can express her frustration better than most adults.

Pretending she's on the computer
Photo by Grandma Aitchison
Molly is a great pretender. She loves playing with babies and stuffed animals. She loves being a baby or an animal. Whenever she plays baby or puppy, her name is Ella and her parents died at work. Ever time. It came from a game Cora and Molly started playing a while ago where Cora found a baby (Molly aka Ella) and brought her to me because she didn't have any parents. Somehow it was decided that her parents died at work so I told her that I would be her mom and take care of her. Now we have this conversation regularly.


Loving Bolt
Cora
Photo by Grandma Aitchison
Cora... she is... hmm. I don't even know how to describe her. She is a nut. She is a genius. She is a stinker and she is a sweetheart. Cora can pretend but it's harder for her. She wants to be entertained. This can sometimes be frustrating for me as I am busily trying to take care of other kids or the house, but when I can give her some direction, she creates amazing things.
Being creative with magnets
Hanging out on the couch
Photo taken and edited by Cora
Cora really loves to write notes to people. Right now she mostly writes love notes to me. It's pretty cute.

Cora gives very beautiful, thoughtful prayers. She says, "so very grateful" often and in a prayer last week expressed her gratitude that she would be starting kindergarten soon. The other day she said, "We're thankful for a family and a house to live in and with." Even though the words were a little mixed up grammatically, it showed me that she is thoughtful and also displays the grasp of syntax which she has always shown.

Lately, she has also been taking a lot of pictures with my phone. Sometimes I delete lots of pictures of nothing, but sometimes she takes great photos.

Mostly, she takes selfies...

 








No comments: