Sunday, March 13, 2016

March 11 & 12

Friday, March 11th-

Today was lovely.

After waking up Grandma, the kids and I went to the Warby's and just hung out for a few hours. We haven't been able to do that in so long. I held Tamina a lot of the time, which was great, and Deruchette and I had lots of time to visit.

In the afternoon, the kids and I met Amber and he boys at the track where we walked for an hour or so. The kids enjoyed playing together and we had a great visit.

Then in the evening, Silas and I went to St. George to the temple. We had a chapel session with the Stake leaders before doing an endowment session. During the chapel session, Pres. Rau talked to us about our eternal nature. I have always known that I am a daughter of God but something in the way he taught it tonight struck me differently. I felt especially that I needed to remember that my children are eternal beings who existed before they came to me and that they are strong and faithful spirits. Not only do I need to remember this, but I need to remind them regularly of who they are.

Oh, and today I came up with a new slogan for our family: Blessed and stressed! This week has felt like a roller coaster, full of highs and lows. But we do feel so blessed.



Saturday, March 12th-

This morning the littles and I headed to the gym to babysit while Silas and the two big boys went to the church to help load chairs from our church building to take to the Stake Center for Stake Conference this weekend.

While at the gym, Cora took pictures with my phone. This is a regular occurrence but today she would out how to edit pictures on my phone. She had a lot of fun playing with the different effects.


Photo and editing by Cora
This afternoon we walked with the kids to the church to figure out how to decorate the Bishop's office. We purchased a couple of nice pictures from Deseret Book this week and spent some time deciding where to put them. The kids enjoyed playing in the gym while we did this.


Playing at the church
This week Cora received a late birthday present from the Warby's and today we sat down to work on it. It's a little kit to make toy pot holders. Cora is so good at it already! And she's so nice, she let Cleod make one too!

Happy girl!
Concentrating
This evening, Silas and I headed to the Stake Center for the Adult Session of Stake Conference. This is always my favorite meeting and tonight was not a disappointment. Pres. Maxwell talked about the importance of councils and how we can all work together to help people in our ward. I need to be a better visiting teacher. Brother Potter talked about making sacrifices. He talked about how in the ancient church (before Christ) they gave their best animals or food and sacrificed it on the altar. We should also sacrifice our BEST to the Lord. We had a member of the Seventy and his wife visit: Elder and Sister Zeballos. They were adorable. Sister Zeballos talked about having faith and being obedient ALWAYS. She also talked about marriage and how we need to always think of the needs of the other instead of being selfish. Elder Zeballos explained how we are stronger when we work together and continued the discussion on councils.

After the meeting, Silas and I took a new couple in our ward out for ice cream. The husband is the new Executive Secretary so Silas chatted with him about schedules and some of his duties. We had a good visit and I am happy to see that good people will be serving with my cute husband.



No comments: